Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Creating the Plan

Well, first and foremost I want to thank everyone again for the love and support you have sent our way.  Today I met with one of the most respected medical oncologist in our region.  I am feeling truly blessed and comforted to know I have the best team on my side.  What I have I learned is my breast cancer is considered more aggressive and therefore more aggressive treatments are needed.  Over the next week I will begin to have more test; MRI, blood, bone, genetic.  These will help determine if the cancer has spread and what my future risk of recurrence will be.  In addition,  I will soon have a port installed, this will assist in the delivery of my live saving cocktails(a.k.a Chemo) over the next 4-6 months- hey it beats getting stuck with a needle every time :).  Once the Chemo is complete the aforementioned test will help my team and I make the next decision....... possibly more/different chemo, type of surgery, radiation etc.   The irony in all this - for the last 3 years I have been growing my hair out so I could donate the minimum of 10 inches to locks of love, and now I will soon lose all of it......who would have thought? 

2 comments: